Thursday, September 19, 2019

All done printing

After the 15 hours of printing, it came out looking great!

Here are some photos of the phone holder when it was done with printing.




The next step with this project was to get rid of the supports and clean up some of the rough edges of the print. My dad helped me with this and using his tools we got the phone holder looking smooth around the edges and we took off all the extra pieces. We used 60 grit sandpaper to smoothe the inside and the edges. We also used wood chisels and a hammer to chisel off/ knock off some of the spare plastic pieces. 

Here are some videos of part of the process.




And here's a photo of the holder all smoothed out.


One critique that I have about my print is the dip where the phone sits. I thought that the ledge would have been a little deeper to hold the phone a bit more secure but with a little nudge it can fall off easily. If the ledge was a bit more angled it most likely would have worked better for the purpose that I wanted. It still turned out great and will be very useful to have on my desk to prop up my phone!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Finishing up the Final Project

After I uploaded the video in the correct spot on the app, I wanted to test the results! I stood up the cereal box and used the scanner on ...