Thursday, September 19, 2019

Importing to Print Studio

When importing my STL file from Tinkercad to Print Studio to prepare to print, Print Studio detected that the product was too large to print and I had to work on making it smaller. This became a bit of a road bump for me in the printing process and took a little bit longer to resize it where it would still work. The problem was that the print was too tall but you couldn't change one dimension without changing all of them. I ended up changing the dimensions to x= 120 mm, y=117.39 mm, and z= 84.78 mm. This caused the print to be smaller than I wanted it to be but with the new measurements the phone still fit on the stand and ended up not being an issue. Print Studio added some supports to the design and below is a screengrab of the supports that were added.


Here is a screen recording of the file before being sent to the 3D printer. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Finishing up the Final Project

After I uploaded the video in the correct spot on the app, I wanted to test the results! I stood up the cereal box and used the scanner on ...